Some web hosting disable the WordPress theme and plugin editor for security reasons. If you want to activate that functionality, you need to make some minor changes to your
- Log in to your webspace via SFTP and go to your WordPress website
- Open the folder where your WordPress installation resides
- Open the file wp-config.php on your computer with a text editor
- Search for this entry:
- Change ‘true’ to ‘false’:
- Save the file and upload it again
- The Theme Editor is now available under Appearance > Theme Editor. And the Plugin Editor under Plugins > Plugin Editor.