At the edit post screen, two new metaboxes/panels are added to the right sidebar:
- Authors metabox.
- Authorship box metabox.
Authors metabox replaces the default “Author” selector from WordPress. The goal is the same – to be able to change the author of the post – but functionality is extended. Now you can select as many authors as you like for your post and order the selection.
By default, the user who creates the post is listed as the author – no difference here on how WordPress works. If that’s not the author you want to be displayed on your site, you can remove it from the list of authors using the trash icon that appears when hovering that author’s name.
To add an(other) author, you just need to open the dropdown list and select the one of your choice. To add more authors, just repeat this process. If you have many authors on your blog, it can be tedious to search for an author on the dropdown list, so you can perform a search just by typing the name.
Below the dropdown you will see a list of all the authors you have assigned to the current post. Drag any of them to change its order on the list. Do keep in mind that first listed author will be considered as the main author of the post.
Authorship Box Metabox
The Authorship box metabox allows you to configure some settings about the author box. These settings overrides the ones configured on the plugin’s settings page, but might get overridden but those available on the author edit screen.
- Show the author box in this post? setting allows you to configure whether to display the author box on the post being edited.
- Show. The author box will be displayed if no specific author’s display setting overrides this one.
- Hide. The author box won’t be displayed if no specific author’s display setting overrides this one.
- Default. This is the default value for this setting and, basically, has no effect on the author box display. Whether the author box is displayed will be decided based on other settings.
- Where to display the author box? setting allows you to configure where to display the author box. You have four options to choose from:
- Above. If the author box have to be displayed, it will be displayed above the post’s content.
- Below. If the author box have to be displayed, it will be displayed below the post’s content.
- Both. If the author box have to be displayed, it will be displayed above and below the post’s content.
- Default. This is the default value for this setting and, basically, has no effect. Where the author box is displayed will be decided based on other settings.