What happens if you install and activate the Molongui Authorship plugin and then at some point decide that it just isn’t what you want? Don’t worry — you aren’t stuck forever with a plugin that you don’t need.
To completely remove the plugin’s data and setting options from the database while deleting the plugin, please make sure to follow the steps detailed in this other document before proceeding any further.
To uninstall Molongui Authorship from your WordPress site, follow these steps:
- Click the Installed Plugins link on the Plugins menu.
- The Plugins page opens.
- Locate the Molongui Authorship plugin you want to uninstall.
- Click the Deactivate link below the plugin title.
- The Plugins page refreshes, and the plugin now appears as deactivated (or inactive).
- Click the Delete link that now appears below the plugin title.
- A confirmation message displays asking you whether you’re sure you want to delete the plugin.
- Click the Accept button.
The Plugins page refreshes, and the Molongui Authorship plugin is gone from the lists of plugins, with a message displayed at the top confirming the deletion of the plugin.
Bang! You’re done. That’s all it takes.
Don’t forget to remove any bits of code that you may have added to your site for the Molongui Authorship plugin; otherwise, it may cause ugly error messages to appear in your blog.